Video Competition Winners
Our Jewish Heritage video competition 2020
We invited students to send us their videos in 4 categories: local history, personal stories, synagogue, traditions and culture. We received 20 projects that were evaluated by an international jury. Here you can find the 3 winners of the competation!
1st place: The Shadow
Project by: Joanna Kluczkowska, Paulina Dziechciaruk
Teacher: Jolanta Wróblewska
Liceum Ogólnokształcącego Nr I Wrocław
2nd place: Paper for life
Project by: Maja Duszak, Oliwia Nadolska, Martyna Wojciechowska, Wiktor Wójcicki
Teacher: Anna Popielewicz
I Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Stefana Czarnieckiego w Chełmie
3rd place: Seder at home
Project by: Körtvélyesi Vilma, Till Simon, Varga Kinga
Teachers: Komoróczy Szonja, Kőszegi Juci, Szarvas Ildikó
Lauder Javne Iskola
proudly announces its 4th video competition for students in the Visegrad countries.
Apply now, make a video and win!!!
NEW EXTENDED application deadline: 13. November 2020.
Visegrad Video Competition
For the fourth time, Centropa announces a video making competition in the Visegrad region that will connect your students across borders. Students in schools in the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia are invited to join the competition by submitting a video that tells the story of their town's Jewish history. The films of primary and secondary school students will be evaluated separately.
Together with our partners we invite classroom teachers to involve their students in a cross-border, cross-competency educational project commemorating the Jewish history, culture and heritage of their town.
Why should you apply?
1. Learn about history. Jewish history can be found in the doorways, storefronts and cobblestone streets of cities throughout Europe. The very cities our students live in have stories to tell, and while students create their films, they learn a lot about these stories - and their meanings for us today.
2. Gain useful skills. While creating the video, students gain a lot of useful skills: How to work in a team? How to write a script? How to record and edit a movie? - This will be an opportunity for them to use the technology they love.
3. Have fun. Getting out of the classroom, creating a project according to their own ideas, having a final result they can be proud of - this is something students found really interesting and fun compared to the good old classroom-learning.
4. Be international. Students have the opportunity to compete with students from 4 other countries. At the end of the competition, we organize a final event in Budapest where participating schools can meet, and where we show the best videos to everyone.
5. Receive prizes. The best films will receive valuable prizes - click here for more details.
Who can apply?
Any student group in any of the V4 countries is eligible to apply. In general we mostly receive videos from high schools students, but we accept videos from elementary school groups as well.
How can you apply?
1. If you would like to take part in this competition, or if you have any questions, write to Tina Hemera: hemera(at)centropa.org.
2. Create the videos with your students, but make sure you meet all the requirements of the competition. Find out more about the rules here.
3. Upload your video to YouTube, and send us the link no later than the deadline of the competition: 13. November 2020.
Do you have any questions?
Write to Tina Hemera: hemera(at)centropa.org